We provide adult Bible study groups for all ages and life situations each Sunday morning @ 9:00. We offer groups for couples, men, women, singles and special need adults as we fulfill the purpose in Deut. 31 to connect people, transform people by God’s Word, and care for people. See below for a list of classes which we offer or when on campus, visit a Welcome Center either in the Worship Center or Educational Building to receive help in finding a class that is right for you and your family.
“Assembly the people – men, women and children, and the aliens living in your towns – so they can listen and learn to fear the Lord your God and follow carefully all the words of this law. Their children, who do not know this law, must hear it and learn to fear the Lord your God as long as you live in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess.” – Deuteronomy 31: 12-13
Why Attend Bible Study at First Baptist?
The Bible Study Ministry at First Baptist is the primary educational organization that the church has to reach people with the Gospel and then disciple those who are being reached. It is the only organization where every church member is accounted for in an organized way. For this reason, Bible Study and each members participation in it, is of vital importance.
Nine reasons from the Bible to join a Bible Study class...
- Bible Study class is a place to study the Bible, have a better understanding of God’s Word, and apply His truth to your life. (2 Tim. 3:15-17)
- Bible Study class is where you can partner with others to share Christ with people who don’t know Him. (Mat.28:16-20)
- Bible Study class is the place where you start to feel like a part of the family of God. (Acts 2:42-47)
- Bible Study class is where you see God answer prayers. Other people pray for you and you pray for others. (Acts 12:12)
- Bible Study class provides an excellent support group in times of personal crisis and stress. (Romans 12:12-13)
- Bible Study class is a place where you can develop leadership skills that you never new you had. (Mat. 25:14-30, 2Tim. 2:1-2)
- Bible Study class is a place where you can really slow down and focus on God and worship Him. (Acts 2:46-47)
- Bible Study class is where you have the greatest opportunity to serve God by serving others. (Eph 4:11-12)
- Bible Study class is where you can be the Christian that God wants you to be. (2 Cor. 3:18)
Bible Study Class Guide
Special Needs Sunday School Classes...Class for adults and children (K – 6th grade)...Each Sunday @ 9:30 am...Personal Care – Appropriate Teaching...Any questions, please call 986-9066...see also Bible Study Guide We also offer Bible Study classes on Sundays at Baptist Health Care, River Oaks, and Morning Pointe in Lenoir City.